'Whilst I’m aware that #notallfeminists are anti-sex work, there’s a pretty gaping chasm between "not being against" and being an ally.'
Gala Vanting is a writer, sex worker advocate living and working as a migrant settler on Gadigal land. Her work weaves through the brothel, the boardroom, screen, stage, and page, public health and sex education. She aims to create compassionate and justice-driven dialogue about gender and power, sexuality, technology, media and culture, and is a passionate advocate for the human rights of sex workers.
- Revolting Prostitutes by Juno Mac and Molly Smith (Verso)
- Emergent Strategy and Pleasure Activism by adrienne maree brown (AK Press)
- Decolonizing Solidarity by Clare Land (Zed Books)
- Playing the Whore by Melissa Gira Grant (Verso)
- Axiomatic by Maria Tumarkin (Brow Books)
- The Heart
- How to Survive the End of the World
- Healing Justice
- The Oldest Profession
- Silent Waves